Flipper's Remorse


So, you are sitting at the Auction House using the new sniping tool from TSM. Suddenly a massive discount shows up on the AH, but you need to drop a lot of coin to get it. Your heart starts racing as you think of the possibilities and decide after half a minute that you are going for it. You place the buy, run over to the mail box and collect it.

Now comes the Flipper's Remorse. You think about all the coin you've just spent, how long it's going to take to get rid of an item and worst of all, you begin despising the item.

I had a pretty severe case of this with Shadowfang. I spent my first 90k on it, with no buffer to return to. It definitely set my gold making back a fair bit. It's sad to say, I even got a bit depressed in real life because I had no virtual gold left. I despised that sword. It was cursed and I wanted to be rid of it so bad, I would have taken anything. I did eventually go on to sell it for well over it's worth though.

So, how do you avoid Flipper's Remorse? The first big tip is make sure you research an item lot's first. Impulse buys can end very badly for such massive amounts of gold, so you always need to consider how much gold you will have left at the end of the day.

Secondly, don't get impatient like I do and drop the price severely. You need to be adamant on your price so people don't think you will just keep dropping it.

Thirdly, have friends to help you sell it. At the moment, I have a Battle Bear that I am still trying to sell. One of the ways I've branched out is onto the official forums. My friend (Dollarbills, a fellow AH junkie) helps me keep it bumped up to the top of the forums so that it can sell!

So, all in all, Flipper's Remorse is a common thing. Everyone gets it while flipping, but you need to be strong and confident in your purchases. They WILL sell and you never know what other deals will come your way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tanaan Gearing Guide

1-600 Professions with just WoD Materials!

SEGM: Windwool Shuffle