Fortune Exchange Market



So, on my main for whatever reason I have Inscription and Engineering. Originally I leveled inscription back during Tauna's first days into the wild world of the Horde. She loves writing and blowing stuff up, who am I to question her motives?

Anyway, one of the first things I did to kick-start my WoW gold making again in Warlords was make a lot of Mysterious Fortune Cards.

Now, these tips will obviously differ depending on realm and such. But I made a killing on these and they are really easy to make. On my realm, there was literally no competition when I first started making these little gimmick items. None were posted onto the AH, and thus I controlled the market.

I chose the price they would sell at, which started at 50 gold. Now, people may question this and obviously it is rather high for such a low chance for the client to make their money back. But they sold. Oh they sold. Like hotcakes.

To make them, I used Nagrand Arrowbloom, but any Warlords herb would work. They were just under 20 gold a stack on my realm, which meant I could easily by 1000 herbs for 1k. Very little investiture.

Here is some math as to why this pays off:
  • 20 gold per stack
  • One stack makes about 5 inks
  • Those five inks are all turned into cards
  • For you to make a profit, you have to sell each card for 4 gold.
  • I was selling them for 50g, which is a 46 gold profit.
  • Roughly, 250 cards from each 1000 herbs
  • 250 cards at 50 gold each = 12500 gold
Overall, I turned 1000 gold into 12500 gold on my server for very little work. Nothing to laugh at. Of course, I didn't take into account the AH cut or anything, but it's still a massive profit.

Selling the cards though, does require a little work. You need to bark or advertise in trade chat. This is how they sell, otherwise they will probably just sit stagnant. By barking, you increase the chance people will go by them. During my research, I found an amazing post over at Cold's Gold Factory. While the post is old, dated back nearly 3 years, the barks are very useful.

Tips for barks:
  • Link the card that can sell for 5k gold. This is a big winner when it comes to selling cards
  • Never falsely say that it will give the card, always say there is a chance. False advertise = terrible business
  • Have fun and be creative! 


I hope these tips are useful for anyone who reads them, and good luck selling your MFC's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tanaan Gearing Guide

1-600 Professions with just WoD Materials!

SEGM: Windwool Shuffle